Friday, December 28, 2012

Two-time heavyweight champion of the world

My pregnancy tracker says I am 30 weeks and 5 days pregnant today. I'd like to think that I'm having an easier time with this pregnancy. But there's also the effect of knowing what to expect. For example, I know my feet are going to swell eventually. I also know that I will be having trouble sleeping and will have to go to the toilet a lot. In other words, my expectations of being comfortable for the next 9 months have gotten quite low from experience. So technically, even if I'm uncomfortable already, I still feel like I'm having a blast. I'm able to trick myself like that.

Nine months of discomfort -> a lifetime of happiness
If there's anything that I'm sure of, it's that I've gained A LOT of weight. The last time we checked, I've gotten to (drumroll please) 143 lbs!

There's Baby No.2!
This was my weight when I gave birth to Malik 3 years ago. I was able to trim down to my pre-pregnancy weight after a couple of months, plus or minus 4 lbs. (more plus than minus, honestly), but I don't know if I can recover from this one. I've just been eating everything in sight. And the holidays aren't helping! Hay. 

2 comments:

  1. Gladiii!!!

    I miss reading your blog! I finally managed to squeeze in time for my blog subscriptions this year. Hopefully I can find tme to blog again soon. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maver! I miss blogging too. But there's so much to do. I'll be going on my maternity leave soon. I hope I find the time to write a few notes in between changing diapers and nursing. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...